When you create a custom conversion you can choose how to calculate the value for the events included into conversions.
Some of the events bring you actual value (like an event that means purchase for example), others are used to track the changes in the sales funnel (like level completed or purchase added to the cart).
That is why it is important to configure the right values to be able to calculate the revenue as well as a whole set of other metrics connected with revenue correctly. In SearchAdsHQ you have complete control over the logic used to calculate the revenue in your case.
In SearchAdsHQ currently there are 3 options available:
- Option 1. Use value from the in-app event (that tracker sends to us automatically)
- Option 2. Use a fixed value for each in-app event (defined by you in a separate field)
- Option 3. Not to use any value
These options are configured at the conversion level. The selected option will be applied for every event, included in the Custom Conversion.
More about the options below:
Option 1. Use a value from the in-app event
Means that in order to calculate the revenue that comes from this event the system will use the value that the tracker/mobile attribution partner sends to us in the event.
- Attribution partner sends an event “Purchase” to us with value $5
- This event (“Purchase”) is specified in the custom conversion and the option “Use a value from the in-app event” is selected
In this case, SearchAdsHQ will use the value that the Attribution Partner sends ($5) to calculate the revenue.
This option works well for the users who have correct settings for events in the application and when tracker actually sends the actual/real value of the revenue with event.
Option 2. Use a fixed value for each in-app event
If you select this option you will see a field to insert the value (use the account currency).
This option means that for the events included in this conversion SearchAdsHQ will ignore the value that the tracker sends. Instead, we will use the value which you specified in the settings of your custom conversion.
- Mobile Attribution Partner sends event “Subscription” to us with value $5 or without any value.
- This event is included in custom conversion and option “Use a fixed value for each in-app event” is selected, the specified value is $15.
In this case, SearchAdsHQ will attribute the specified value $15 and will use it to calculate the Revenue. This option works well in case when an event has a fixed / equal value (for example that is the case with subscription) and when with that mobile attribution partner due to any reasons can’t send this value or if the value it sends is not correct to calculate the value correctly.
Option 3. Don’t use value.
This option means that for the events included in the Custom Conversions SearchAdsHQ will ignore the value that the tracker sends. It means that we will not use it to calculate revenue.
- Mobile Attribution Partner sends an event “Add to cart” to us with value $5.
- This event is included in custom conversion with the option “Don’t use a value” on.
There is an event “Add to cart” that you include into custom conversion. When this event happens the Mobile Attribution Partner sends to SearchAdsHQ the cost of the purchase added into the cart as the event value. But in this case the purchase was added to the cart, it wasn’t bought. For actual purchases, you have a separate event “Purchase”. That is why it would not be relevant to use this value to calculate your overall revenue.
In this case, SearchAdsHQ will not use value ($5) from this event to calculate the Revenue.
This option works well in case when you don’t wish to use the value from certain event to calculate the Revenue.