Autobidder is a smart algorithm. Since it is not human, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind before you turn it on in order to get the best results from using it.
- What is your goal and key metric you are looking at? Is this ROAS or is this Cost per Action (Cost per Goal)? If your key metric is ROAS, Automation rules will be more effective as it is about return on investment rather than getting more goals at specific cost.
- You have to have enough data in the account and specifically in the Ad Group where you wish to enable the Autobidder. Since it looks at the data in the past 30 days we recommend to consider turning it on after 30 days of using SearchAdsHQ. Note, that if you have 100-200 or fewer keywords in your account and your monthly ASA spend is less than 5,000 USD, it may be more efficient to use Automated rules in your case as there won't be enough data for Automated bidding.
- You have a logical and correct structure in your account. You have a separate discovery campaign and exact match campaigns with respective ad group. There are no broad match keywords in exact groups and vice versa.
- You understand what is your realistic Target CPG . Meaning the real CPG you can achieve, you got this number from data analysis and benchmarking rather than from other ad channels (your realistic Target CPG in Facebook and ASA will not be the same).
- Autobidder works best on Exact Match keywords. Autobidder does not work with search terms. It works with keywords only. Although you can enable it for broad match groups, it is not recommended to do so. You have to know your target Cost per Goal and that is possible only with Exact Keywords. You need to be confident that the keywords in this Ad Group are relevant and they already bring you good results.
- At the moment SearchAdsHQ doesn’t have a log.
- Bidder can’t get more traffic if there’s not much of it for this keyword. So if you have selected a keyword with no competition and you would like to get more traffic as there’s room to get more Goals as the CPG is lower than your target, obviously the bidder won’t have possibility to get the traffic you wish to have.
- Bidder can’t get more traffic if you are bidding on the keywords that may turn out to be irrelevant.
- Bidder can’t get traffic at a lower CPG if all your competitors use the same keywords but use very high CPT bids, and the target CPG you have specified does not allow the bidder to increase the CPT bids to the level needed to overbid the competitors.