In SearchAdsHQ you can easily create your own metrics and see them on the dashboard to optimize your campaigns more effectively using the feature called Custom Columns.
You can have full control over the data you want to see and calculate it the way you want to.
With the Custom Columns you can
- Create metrics differently according to your business specifics (for example, you count Conversion Rate as Install / Taps or Goals / Taps)
- Create tailored metrics calculated using your own formulas (for example apply discrepancy index or LAT ON share to calculate true ROAS or true Cost per Goal)
- Display custom columns on the dashboard to provide more transparency and better analysis.
- See the custom columns data in your reports
- Add custom columns as conditions in the rules
Not available yet, coming soon:
- Use a custom column as a part of the formula when you create another custom column
- Add attributes to the formula (Daily Cap, Budget, Target Cost per Goal, CPA goal)
How to create Custom Columns
Step 1. Click on the columns sign above the main dashboard on the right
- If you create a Custom Column at the keywords level, it will appear at all keywords levels. It won't appear on campaigns dashboard right away. So mind where you are when you create the columns. Don't worry, you won't have to re-create them. Created once they will be saved - you will just need to pull them out to show them on the respective dashboard.
- This feature is not available for the Negative Keywords and Search Terms dashboards.
Step 2. Select "Add Custom Column"
Step 3. Select "Add Custom Column"
Check what level you are at (Accounts in this example). Select Custom Columns. Scroll down and click "New Custom Column".
Step 4. Create custom column
- enter your own formula using metrics, numbers; plus, minus, multiplication, division signs, brackets
- enter column name
- select column format (value, percent, number)
- optionally add description
- click create
The Custom Column with the name you've specified will automatically appear on the right at the end of the list. You can pull it up to be able to see it where you would like to see it.
Click Apply. Back to the dashboard - here it is.
How to add Custom Columns to the dashboard
Once created, the Custom Columns are saved in the columns options.
In order to see them on the dashboard. follow the two steps below..
Step 1. Go to the respective level. Click on the columns sign, select "Add Custom Column".
Step 2. Go to Custom Columns and tick the Custom Columns you would like to show
Notice that the Goals / Taps Custom Column we've just created is here as well. You can tick it to start showing it on keywords level. Drag it to the right place.
Click Apply. Back to the dashboard, here it is.